Saturday 12 December 2009

Lil' Mikey would like to say...


Mummy Mon

Daddy Mon


...to the world! With him are his mum and dad. You might say that Lil' Mikey could have been a girl since he's carrying this flower CD player (yes old school), well, let's just say that his mum hand sewed it and insisted that he used it.

Initially I was trying to illustrate a Miniature Schnauzer but sketches after sketches still couldn't get it to how I'd like it to look. Meanwhile I side-doodled and eventually found it more fun to draw and paint out my version of slobbery, gel-like monsters...at least when they're young. As they grow up, they start to develop stronger legs and arms, more hair too if they were males :P Females, however, still glide, they don't walk. Despite their differences and colour, one characteristic common through all of their life stages are their large, yellow 2~3 front teeth protruding out of their mouths.

By the way, after it all I thought Lil' Mikey resembled the River God from 'Spirited Away' heaps. Don't you think? I'd say great minds think alike then, hah.


No comments: