Tuesday 8 December 2009

Official Summer Debut!


Finally a proper post for my first ever blog is up! The idea of starting a blog myself after seeing so many fantastically creative and inspiring ones budded at late 2007, with my very first post that was perpetually stamped with the 'under construction' notice lasted from 8th September 2007 till now, exactly 2 years and 2 months after, which I've just deleted coz it looked out of place with this new colour and layout. It took this long as I was afraid that I couldn't commit to posting good stuff regularly, which I guess is what makes any blogs alive, interesting and readers inspired, entertained and therefore frequent them. Nevertheless, starting a blog with my own illustrations and inspirations had always been at the back of my head. So here it is, after so long, haha!

This blog, however, is still in its trial phase hence it would only lasts through this summer holidays, like a little summer project for myself. If I could stick to it, I'd continue posting throughout the year. *Fingers crossed*. Do leave comments so I know who's reading this so I'd feel more encouraged to keep posting! :D

Above is an illustration of myself using gouache and photoshop. Hope you like it!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

hey mei ying finally got a blog yeah? i used to blog but stopped too lazy lol. anyways you should have a grand opening dinner for ur blog :P. when i come back .

cheers,
vinson

Unknown said...

very nice work with PS! absolutely <3 it!!! keep up the work, mei ying!

ivory.to.my.ebony.keys said...

very cute! can't wait to see more of your stuff! x

rache said...

preety! and i shall leave my print here :) the one and only rachie! kam kam kam kam kam kam was here !

mei ying tan said...

yippee the 1st, 2nd, 3rd n 4th ppl to comment :D

Thanks all for your comments. Now I've gotta think of what else to illustrate, I'm sure something will come up since there is a library of blogs I visit.

vin: grand opening dinner for a blog? lol!!

Chloe said...

nice dear! check mine out too!!
vidacambios.blogspot.com
welcome to the blogger family!

Bernie Tan said...

I am reading too :) NICE BLOG =) HEHEHEHE